Accounts Payable Clerk
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Reports to: Manager, General Accounting and Accounts Payable
Employment Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for processing invoices and making payments to external vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project & Task Management
- Conduct full cycle Accounts Payable.
- Match, precisely code and input invoices, and ensure all invoices are approved and processed in accordance with Company Operating Procedures and vendor terms in a timely manner.
- Accurately prepare, reconcile, process and file weekly cheque run.
- Distribute cheques with correct remittance documents.
- Maintain and ensure the accuracy of all vendor files.
- Input approved purchase orders for miscellaneous purchases into the NAV system.
- Analyze specific vendor statements, outstanding purchase order list, aged accounts payable and goods-received-not-invoiced balances.
- Ad hoc analysis and special projects, as required.
- Communications are to be professional, clear, concise, timely, thorough, and proactive whenever possible.
- Effectively communicate and act as a liaison for external vendors on matters related to vendor payments and credits; escalate issues to senior management, as required.
- Communicate and provide regular updates to senior management in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Ensure the effective application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and accounts payable knowledge.
- Troubleshoot issues in a timely and accurate manner to resolve; escalate issues to senior management, as required.
- Ensure accuracy and inclusion of all pertinent information on all documentation.
- Ensure all communications are detailed and in compliance with Company Operating Standards.
- Ensure all secured and attained information is detailed, accurate, and current.
- Ensure all vendor invoices are processed in an accurate and timely manner and appropriate discounts are applied.
- Maintain positive relationships with external vendors and respond inquiries in a timely manner.
- Complete all tasks in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Company Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Work collaboratively with co-workers building effective relationships that support common company goals and objectives.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary Education in Accounting
- 3-5 years' work experience with full cycle Accounts Payable
- 1 -3 years' experience working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines in a standard driven environment
- 1 -3 years' working experience multi-tasking and using problem solving skills
- Intermediate understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and practices
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft excel
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Navision, an asset
- Knowledge of French an asset
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.