Location: Aurora, Ontario
Reports to: Director, Merchandising
Employment Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Administrative Assistant directly supports the Merchandising Department and contributes to the accomplishment of Merchandising programs and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to internal departments and all retail store locations.
- Ensure regular updates and completion timelines are communicated effectively to management.
- Ensure ongoing communication with internal and external partners to ensure ongoing alignment, transfer and collection of key information.
- Respond to all inquiries received by the Merchandising department within 24 hours of receipt.
- Update and maintain the departments file management system.
- Provide support to the Merchandising Department including maintaining files, and preparing general Merchandising communications.
- Provide direct support to the Director, Merchandising in the daily management of calendar bookings, meeting requests.
- Support the Buyers and Category Managers as it relates to assistance with plan-o-grams and/or Prebooks, as required.
- Execute and complete Prebook program
- Assist with presentation materials including Power Point presentations.
- Prepare all required documentation in advance of upcoming meetings for all attending personnel, if required.
- Record minutes of meetings and distribute accordingly, when requested.
- Maintain department time and attendance system.
- Other ad hoc analysis and projects as determined from time to time.
- Ensure accuracy of all reports and documents.
- Ensure all documents and reports are audited and error free in advance of submission for review by the Director, Merchandising.
- Ensure all documents, reports, and communications are accurate, print ready and meet Company Standards, in advance of implementation.
- Ensure all presentations, reports and communications are print ready and meet Company standards in advance of implementation.
- Partner with co-workers as required on daily and/or special tasks, to ensure deadlines and timelines are met to the standards set by the Company.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Post-secondary certificate or degree in business administration and/or related field
- 1 - 3 years' experience in an Administrative Assistant role
- 1 - 3 years' experience working in a team driven environment with good interpersonal skills
- 1 - 3 years' experience working in a faced paced standard driven environment
- 1-3 years' experience working with excel at an intermediate or advanced level
- Basic experience with Microsoft Navision, an asset
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- High attention to detail and comfort with pricing documents and information
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.