Location: Aurora, Ontario
Reports to: Vice-President, Real Estate and Store Development
This position is responsible for the construction management of new and existing store remodels as well as ongoing store maintenance, ensuring quality and timely execution of all projects to Company brand Standards on budget.
This individual will plan, execute, and finalize projects according to aggressive deadlines and budgets. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members, third-party contractors, and consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain relationships with franchisees by communicating and keeping them informed of issues pertaining to Store Development.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and other departments in a timely and clear manner.
- Report issues and resolution plans to impacted parties as soon as possible.
- Answer all project questions, provide information, and conduct research pertaining to assigned projects.
- Use written and oral communication to effectively interact with contractors, personnel, resources and clients to ensure projects will be completed on time and on budget.
- Ensure that trends of under-performance or exceptional performance are documented and brought to your immediate supervisor's attention.
- Manage assigned project teams towards Company standards ensuring projects are completed, on time and on budget.
- Lead weekly project team meetings with the Jr. Project Manager and Coordinator to ensure alignment and to keep the project on plan.
- Initiate contracts for corporate stores as required and forward to legal for approval and signature (Waste Mgmt., HVAC, Window/Floor Cleaning etc.).
- Both transfer contracts, as required, to and from Franchisees in Corporate Store cases.
- Manage department email queue for assigned region to ensure all required tasks are complete.
- Review outstanding items in Store Deficiency database and work with the Jr. Project Managers and Planning Coordinators to ensure tasks are completed for your assigned region.
- Prepare Pre-Fixture Kick off updates out-lining fixture status.
- Anticipate and proactively manage inventory risks.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Project and construction management for new stores, remodels and maintenance of existing stores.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members, contractors, Landlords and vendors.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Initiate contracts for Corporate Stores.
- Complete fixture take-offs.
- Obtain quotes from vendors.
- Create Scope of Work from lease documents.
- Assist the VP, Real Estate and Store Development in the preparation and submission of the departmental budget.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Address issues as soon as possible to ensure resolution with minimal impact to the overall project.
- Investigation and recommendation of process improvement.
- Ensure you know and execute all safety requirements during assigned projects to Company and legislative standards to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees, franchisees and 3rd Party Vendors.
- Ensure you know, execute and complete all projects in compliance with Company operating and brand standards.
- Ensure all the details of each project are documented, tracked and completed to exact specifications thereby reducing the deficiencies list and ensuring stores can open safely, on time and in line with Company brand standards.
- Negotiate rates and timelines with vendors ensuring that the business needs are addressed.
- Negotiate with trades to ensure execution timelines are met and costs are contained.
- Tender construction and review with VP, Real Estate and Store Development before issuing Purchase Orders.
- Ensure all documents, reports, project plans, budgets and communications are accurate, print ready and meet Company standards in advance of project implementation.
- Ensure all store builds and renovations are completed to Company standards; on time, on budget, quality installs, etc.
- Work with consultants to develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents (Fixture Layouts, Scope of Work).
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work while maintaining budget.
Push For Results
- Work with co-workers and 3rd parties to ensure projects are on time and on budget.
- Stay on top of all assigned projects and proactively manage issues.
- Stay on top of all projects to ensure that unforeseen issues are resolved as soon as possible.
- Solicit assistance as required to ensure projects remain on time and on budget without sacrificing quality.
- Partner with co-workers as required on projects to ensure deadlines and timelines are met to the standards set by the Company.
- Step in as backup for other Project Manager's when applicable.
- Act as a liaison and company representative with franchisees on all assigned projects.
- Provide the Manager, Planning with consistent status reports for all outstanding issues.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
Experience and Knowledge
- Post-secondary education in the area of project and construction management
- Certification in Project Management is considered an asset
- 5 - 8 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution, in a retail environment
- 5 years' experience using strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork to achieve project goals
- 5 years' experience leading and working as a team member
- 5 years' experience multi-tasking on multiple projects at the same time
- 5 years' experience working in an extremely detail oriented and accurate environment with the ability to act and react quickly
- 5 years' experience using time management skills to achieve project goals
- Very strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of software (i.e. Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- 5 years' experience working in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines with accuracy
- Excellent understanding of construction, including permit process
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please email your resume, including covering letter, to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote "PM2018" in the subject line of your email.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.