Data Entry Clerk (Afternoon Shift)
Department: Order Department
Reports to: Manager, Order Department
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
Shift: 3 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
The Data Entry Clerk is responsible to facilitate the efficient flow of work in the Distribution Centre. The Data Entry Clerk's main role is to keep a flow of warehouse shipments in the Order Well to ensure shipping deadlines are met and product arrives at the stores in accordance with the delivery schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process all electronic orders received into an order staging area
- Prepare all DSD orders from vendor invoices.
- Process warehouse shipments by store, and assign to a warehouse Assembler.
- Post warehouse shipments and invoice all orders.
- Prepare the Bill of Lading for all delivery runs including skid counts, weight, etc.
- Email all invoices to each store.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly inventory cycle counts of mailroom and supplies and report to Inventory Control.
- Respond to all inquiries within 24 hours to all Customer Service emails and phone messages from Franchisees.
- Communicate internally with the Distribution Centre, Order Department and Logistic team to ensure shipping schedules are adhered to.
- Communicate with all Franchise's and Corporate Store Managers regarding all shipping discrepancies, orders placed, deliveries and add-ons.
- Work with other team managers to assess and execute special deliveries, as required.
- Communicate with various transportation companies to ensure the delivery schedules from the Distribution Centre are adhered to and report any issues to the Logistics Coordinator, Outbound.
- Ensure all orders are received and accurately assigned to the Assembler, Distribution Centre for completion.
- Ensure all invoices are completed and received at Store level prior to order delivery.
- Work with internal Department team members and the Distribution Centre to ensure defined timelines are met, and report any issues to the Manager, Order Department.
- Accurately process all shipping discrepancy credits received by Franchisee's and Corporate Stores.
- Review all orders for each store to make sure all necessary documents have been received.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- 1 - 3 years' experience working in an Order Department in a retail environment
- 1 - 3 years' experience working in a Distribution Centre environment
- 1 - 3 years' experience working in a deadline driven, detailed oriented environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Navision, an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good Interpersonal Skills with an emphasis on teamwork
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.