Distribution Centre Assembler Hybrid Role
Department: distribution centre
Reports to: Operations Manager
Employment Status: Full-time (afternoon shift)
When working as a Distribution Centre Assembler, the role is hands-on and labour intensive. Fast-paced environment, repetitive tasks, handling heavy loads, manual dexterity, hand-eye co-ordination, and attention to detail are part of the role. When working as a Store Merchandisers you are required to perform various shifts and are subjected to tight deadlines due to the nature of the work. The position entails extensive out-of-town travel (can be on the road for 21 plus days in a month).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or with basic material handling equipment
- Pick order and stock, wrap goods, and stack goods
- Set-up of store fixtures
- Planogram merchandise
- Unload fixtures and product off trucks
Knowledge, Competencies and Skills
- Vehicle and equipment experience with dollies and hand trucks, pallet lifters, and tow motors
- Weight handling up to 45 kg (100lbs)
- Additional skills: build pallets
- Good command of the English language
- Working with others, problem solving, job task planning and significant use of memory
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork
- A detail-oriented approach is essential
- Reliable transit to and from work
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please email your resume, including covering letter, to the attention of email@example.com. Please quote "Distribution Centre Assembler Hybrid Role" in the subject line of your email.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.