Department: Office of the Executive Vice President
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
Support the EVP by providing assistance with all areas of administration inclusive of, but not limited to:
- New programs (research, reports, presentations, etc.)
- Event management and planning
- Internal and external communications
- Budgets and expenses
- General administrative support (arranging and managing calendars, screening and prioritizing mail and phone calls, etc.)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate regularly with internal and external partners to ensure you have all the required information necessary to complete your daily projects/tasks.
- Advise EVP of any concerns or issues in advance of assigned deadlines.
- Draft and send communications upon request.
- Coordinate regularly on assigned projects with project teams.
- Take and send out meeting minutes and follow-up on action items.
- Coordinate calendar, meetings and schedules with the EVP to ensure alignment, timely preparation of required materials and to prevent potential conflicts.
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Conserves EVP's time by reading, researching, and preparing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains EVP's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Represents the EVP by attending meetings in the EVP's absence; as required.
- Takes the lead on assigned projects and works together with co-workers to ensure objectives of the assignment are met.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Assist in the organization of small and large scale functions such as the Franchisee Meeting.
- Maintain control logs for tracking projects, vacation, attendance, etc.
- End-to-end processing of correspondence including creation, edit, copying, filing and distribution.
- Assist with budgets, expenses and reports. This includes the preparation and auditing of expense reports for the EVP.
- Copy and distribute P.O.'s once approved by the CFO/VP Finance.
- Other ad hoc analysis and projects as determined from time to time.
- Ensure accuracy of all reports and documents.
- Ensure all documents and reports are audited and error free in advance of submission for review by EVP.
- Document and bring forward any document, policy, process and/or procedure discrepancies for review by EVP.
- Ensure all presentations, reports and communications are print ready and meet Company standards in advance of implementation.
- Partner with co-workers as required on special and/or daily tasks to ensure deadlines and timelines are met to the standards set by the Company (e.g. Franchisee meeting).
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Post-secondary certificate or degree in business administration or related field
- 10 years' experience as an Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant for a Senior EVP
- 10 years' experience working with excel at an intermediate or advanced level
- 5-10 years' experience preparing EVP presentations and letters
- 10 years' experience working in a fast paced deadline and standards driven environment
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- High attention to detail and comfort with financial documents and information
- Pride of ownership over assigned responsibilities
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Solid command of the English language (written and verbal)
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your cover letter and resume (using the subject line EA2017) to: email@example.com.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.