Manager, General Accounting and Accounts Payable
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Reports to: Director, Finance
Employment Status: Full-time
The Manager, General Accounting and Accounts Payable is a key position in the department, that manages the day-to-day operation of the Accounts Payable and General Teams by continuously providing mentoring, guidance, training and support to team members. They are also responsible for providing a more advanced, detailed and in-depth financial analysis for the benefit of the Company and our franchisees. Provide senior management information to make key decisions. This is a more visible position within the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project & Task Management
- Assistance with monthly financial reporting for senior management.
- Preparation and review of GL account reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Assistance with initial preparation, review and subsequent monitoring of annual budgets
- Preparation and review of year end audit working papers.
- Manage A/R functions including the EFT and processing of A/R invoices.
- Manage A/P functions including the timely processing of and payment to vendors.
- Manage the expense report process.
- Review tasks completed by team members.
- Ad hoc analysis and special projects as required from time to time.
- Communications with management and others are to be professional, timely, thorough and proactive whenever possible.
- Act as liaison and department representative with other departments in relation to the processing of transactions, the monitoring of budgets and expense report matters.
- Act as a liaison and company representative with franchisees on enquiries related to invoices and credits.
- Act as a liaison and company representative with vendors and other departments on matters related to vendor payments and credits.
- Responsible for consistently and effectively communicating the company mission, initiatives and objectives to assigned teams. Responsible for effectively training SOP's to direct reports to ensure knowledge transfer.
- Use accounting, SOP, and systems knowledge and experience to ensure compliance with legislation and company financial operating policies and procedures.
- Effective use of Microsoft Navision (NAV) and Microsoft Excel maximizing productivity and ensuring timelines are met.
- Apply experience and knowledge to ensure the effective application of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Investigation and recommendation of process improvements.
- Assist direct reports and other team members in investigating and resolving issues.
- Troubleshoot issues in a timely and accurate manner with intent to resolve; escalate issues to senior management as required.
- Ensure all documents, reports and communications generated are accurate, print ready and meet company standards.
- Thoroughly reviews own work and the work of team members to ensure accuracy.
Push For Results
- Work to ensure all tasks and processes are completed properly and on time, and assist other team members where necessary.
- Complete tasks in accordance with accounting principles and Company operating policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with co-workers building effective relationships and towards common company goals and objectives.
- Imparts core knowledge while continually mentoring, guiding and supporting team members.
- Manage direct reports in the performance of their tasks to ensure performance meets company standards.
- Ensure that trends of underperformance are formally addressed, with clear and documented performance improvement plans.
- Formally recognize strong performers within assigned teams.
- Lead regular team and one on one meetings.
- Manage direct reports and support the Director and other Team Manager in the management of their teams towards Company standards of performance.
- Ensure the overall people plan of the team reflects high standards, bench strength and succession planning, coupled with consistent mentoring and people development.
- Conduct financial analysis to determine best practices and provide senior management with reports, as required.
- Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in accounting or related field
- Chartered Professional Accountant Designation (CPA)
- 8 - 10 years general accounting and AP experience
- 8 - 10 years experience successfully conducting analysis and managing large volumes of data
- 8 - 10 years experience successfully multi-tasking and working under pressure with accuracy to meet deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- 1-3 years experience supervising, leading or managing a finance team
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Navision, an asset
- 8 - 10 years experience applying effective interpersonal skills
- 8 - 10 years experience using flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion with pride of ownership over assigned
- 8 - 10 years working experience applying time management and problem solving skills in order to achieve goals
- Strong and consistent attention to detail
- Fluent in English: written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.