National Manager, Store Programs & Training
Department: Store Operations
Reports to: President & CEO
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
Plans, implements and evolves all national retail store programs, policies, and procedures ensuring efficiency gains, effectiveness and continual alignment with all applicable internal operating policies and procedures, and federal and provincial legislation.
Under direction from the Director Human Resources, designs, implements, and monitors retail store training programs ensuring alignment with operational needs and return on investment either through financial gains or internal skills enhancement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for consistently and effectively communicating the company mission, initiatives and objectives to Corporate Retail Operations and Franchisee teams through organized and scheduled conference calls, one on one meetings and email communications as required by President & CEO.
- Submit training assignment briefs to onsite trainers for all new store openings.
- Coordinate with all applicable departments to ensure all required tasks are completed in order to attain permission to open new stores.
- Ensures effective written and verbal communications on all national retail store operations programs, policies, and procedures.
Project / Task Management
- Assist the Operations Department, with clear documented performance development plans for under and high performers and ensure the team plan reflects high standards.
- Work with Regional Directors to schedule training coverage for all new store openings and corporate store takeovers.
- Manage, develop, train, hire and support all in-direct reports towards acceptable performance standards.
- Assist and Support the Regional Directors and Regional/District Managers in the execution of the Company's performance management system.
- Conduct needs analysis as required to determine if training is a viable solution to operational needs and report findings to the President & CEO and Director, HR.
- Work with the President & CEO and Regional Directors to assess root cause for systemic problems arising and/or currently existing within the retail store operations division and brainstorm solutions that will resolve the problem and improve operational results in the short and long term.
- Plans, implements and evolves all national retail store operational programs, policies, and procedures ensuring efficiency gains, effectiveness and continual alignment with all applicable internal operating policies and procedures, and federal and provincial legislation.
- Under direction from the Director, Human Resources, design, implement, and monitor retail store operational training programs ensuring alignment with Operational needs and return on investment either through financial gains or internal skills enhancement.
- Manage vendor relationships and ensure accuracy and effectiveness of all e-learning and other retail store operations training content.
- Forecast, prepare and manage all expenses within the approved budget
- Know our customer by interacting with the customer on the sales floor and observing shopping behaviors, and associate/customer experience.
- Understand retail store operational and HR policies and procedures and ensure alignment in all existing and newly created retail store operational programs.
- Have a good understanding of our business, our competitors and how we can leverage our internal programs to ensure long term success.
- Understand and conduct needs analysis and apply training design concepts to maximize the effectiveness of existing and new retail store operation programs.
- Conduct a formal needs analysis for all new retail store operations training programs.
- Conduct a formal post mortem on all new retail store operations training programs which includes but is not limited to an ROI analysis.
- Log, analyze and report on training analytics utilizing the information to improve upon decision making, particularly as it pertains to retail store operations programs.
- Set high expectations for all retail store operation programs and hold self and team accountable to the measurable results associated.
- Work with HR, Operations, and Head Office teams to ensure that store programs offer a point of differentiation aimed at getting a customer excited about the uniqueness of the offering, the possibilities that may exist, bringing product to life, inspiring a recipe of need, leading to a WOW marketing benefit.
- Ensure retail store operation teams have the necessary tools required to effectively implement orientation and training programs within their regions at all levels of retail store staffing.
- Ensure retail store operational policies, procedures and programs are current and in alignment with all applicable internal operating policies and procedures, and federal and provincial legislation.
- Lead your team in the development and execution of retail store operational programs and action plans that are directly tied into measurable results and timely and consistent execution.
- Attain buy-in from the store operation teams to maximize utilization and compliance with existing and new retail store programs and operating policies and procedures.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business or Human Resources Management
- Certified in Training Design
- Certified in Training Facilitation
- Teaching/Adult Learner Certificate
- 5 - 8 years' experience working in a retail environment (Food experience, an asset)
- 5-8 years' experience designing and facilitating retail training programs
- 5-8 years' experience working in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- 1-3 years' experience managing direct report
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 5 - 8 years' experience exercising flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion.
- 1-3 years' experience with process mapping
- Experience and working knowledge of all Canadian Labour legislation impacting retail operations
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.