Store Order Analyst
Reports to Director, Merchandising
The Store Order Analyst is responsible for reviewing and approving all submitted pre-books for all Corporate Store Retail locations. This position is responsible for analyzing market trends and historical sales to optimize sell through and protect gross profit. This position is responsible to conduct Store Audits of back room inventory and present findings and make recommendations to the Manager, Merchandising. This role will support the Merchandising Financial Analysts with day to day ad hoc reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review preliminary and final pre-books submitted by Store Managers from all Bulk Barn Corporate Stores for completion.
- Provide summaries and recaps of pre-book analysis on a bi-weekly basis for review with the Manager, Merchandising.
- Work with the Planning Supervisor to ensure complete and accurate upload of all pre-book orders.
- Complete pre-books for new Corporate Stores and/or Corporate takeovers.
- Assist with spreadsheets, pictures, plan-o-gram, and/or uploads related to all pre-books.
- Review current plan-o-grams and future plan-o-grams, specifically looking at current store quantities to identify product order requirements.
- Prepare and compile semi-annual Bulk Item Questionnaires/Requests.
- Complete audits of Corporate Store back room inventories on an ongoing basis from a selection of stores given by Management.
- Contact and consult with Store Managers on any concerns or questions regarding pre-books.
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to internal and external customers/clients.
- Ensure regular updates and completion timelines are effectively communicated to management in advance of established deadlines.
- Thoroughly reviews own work to ensure accuracy.
- Audits the submission of pre-books to ensure accuracy and reconciliation of reports.
- Ensure reports entered and administrated are in compliance with Company Operation Policies, Procedures and Standards.
- Ensure integrity of data for all entries.
- Analyze pre-book product quantity submissions, including both bulk and packaged items, against a set of measures and targets given by the Manager, Merchandising.
- Assist the Financial Analysts with any ad hoc analysis; including but not limited to, promotional activities, product analysis, and new programs/initiatives analysis.
- Provide thorough analysis on all submitted reports and make recommendations for future solutions, advancements and processes.
- Obtain and evaluate data quality and extract data for analytical purposes.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and internal department to build effective relationships to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Ensure integrity of data for all entries ensuring backup/support documentation is attained and on hand at all times.
- Take responsibility and ownership of all assigned tasks.
- Consistently evaluate and assess new opportunities for sourcing and securing information and creative solutions.
- Work with the Manager, Merchandising to create or evolve existing process and procedures to meet the changing needs of the Company.
- Day-to-day management and resolution of issues within the position.
- Escalate complex issues and work with the Manager, Merchandising to resolve.
- Work with the Manager, Merchandising to develop, maintain and evolve department processes and procedures in order to increase efficiencies while ensuring accuracy and work output quality.
- Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary Education in Business, Administration and/or related field
- 3-5 years' experience working for a Merchandising Department, in a retail environment
- 3-5 years' experience working under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced, detailed and dynamic environment
- Basic understanding of plan-o-grams
- 3-5 years' experience exercising flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion.
- 3 years' experience working as an associate for a large retailer
- 3 years' experience working in a team driven environment with good interpersonal skills
- 3 years' experience problem solving
- 1-2 years' experience with product ordering, replenishing and inventory
- Basic experience with Microsoft Navision, an asset
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.