Supervisor, Inventory Control & Receiving
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Reports to: Vice President, Distribution & Logistics
Employment Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Supervisor, Inventory Control & Receiving is responsible to maintain and improve the integrity of the inventory that is distributed through Bulk Barn Foods Limited. The Supervisor, Inventory Control & Receiving manages the conduction of cycle counts to identify discrepancies between NAV system's registered quantity and the physical quantity on hand. The Supervisor, Inventory Control & Receiving is also responsible for the overall management of the accurate clerical receiving of all vendors delivered product to BBFL and works with Inventory and Receiving team and external impacted departments to resolve discrepancies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that trends of underperformance are formally addressed, with clear and documented performance improvement plans.
- Formally recognize strong performers within the assigned team.
- Act as back-up to the Inventory Control & Receiving team when work load is high or there are absences.
- Compile and maintains the documentations of the completion of IC task list, discrepancy reports, repairs and other system quantity adjustments.
- Co-ordinates the Cycle counting of bins whose responsibility is allocated to other departments, and makes any subsequent/ necessary system adjustments.
- Process all required Corporate approved disposals.
- Co-ordinate with finance the conducting of external auditors sample testing (periodically).
- Maintains and develops the NAV System with respect to creation of new locations, bin management and documents and reports adjustments to relevant departments.
- Responsible for conducting the inventory counts and placing orders for rack and pallet labels.
- Oversees and facilitates the IC analysts in the DSD, Store return, Store Audit and Co-packing Assembly process, and communicates any discrepancies and shortcomings to the appropriate departments.
- Reports and communicates any vendor deficiencies concerning delivery appointments, various receiving documents and physical product to the pertinent departments.
- Compile and report details and requirements for all Pre-book Distributions to the DC managers and other involved departments.
- Identify and repair all possible short shipments pertaining to the Pre-Book Distributions, and communicate the results to management and merchandising.
- Liaise with merchandising and marketing departments in regards to new items and their subsequent distribution requirements.
- Act as the secondary escalation response to any technical issues as it pertains to the NAV system, or hardware elements such as Handhelds, Truck mounts and Pallet label printers.
- Assist in implementation of new versions of Microsoft Navision including testing, documentation and training as required (infrequent)
- Creates necessary reports (some ad-hoc) required by the external auditors, finance department, and merchandising.
- Ensure the data reported and entered into the NAV system is accurate, whether from personal entries or entries made by subordinates.
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to internal departments and external transportation and vendors.
- Respond indirectly to Retail Store locations within immediacy, when required.
- Facilitate and work with the Inventory Control Analysts to properly repair and analyze the source of product discrepancies.
- Investigate the inventory discrepancies reported by other departments with purpose of reconciliation.
- Analyze the source of discrepancies and report to management on potential procedure to alleviate or eliminate the issue.
- Informs on and determines certain policies and procedures required for the proper functioning of the IC department as it relates to ever changing business and system development needs.
Push For Results
- Manage multiple competing deadlines in a fast paced environment ensuring accuracy and quality of work produced by the team.
- Conduct detailed reviews and follow up on team assignments to ensure defined timelines are met.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Social Science, Business and/or related field
- 3 - 5 years' experience in an Inventory Control and/or Receiving Department
- 1 - 3 years' experience working under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Intermediate Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Knowledge of Microsoft Navision (NAV), an asset
- 3 - 5 years' experience in performing Inventory Counts and/or audits
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- 1 - 3 years' experience operating a forklift, pallet truck and scissor lift, an asset
- 3 - 5 years' experience in in a retail environment, an asset
- 3 - 5 years' experience leading and supervising a team
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
We'd like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available.