Bulk Barn Foods Limited enthusiastically supports and explores the use of social media tools and emerging technologies. We encourage the public to engage with our brand on a regular basis through the use of Facebook, Twitter and any other social media avenues we pursue.
This document is intended to provide public guidelines concerning acceptable behaviour within the social media realm, as it pertains to the Bulk Barn brand. Where applicable, these guidelines will be posted for public viewing.
Code of Ethics for Acceptable Public Behaviour on Bulk Barn social media outlets
We encourage your comments on Bulk Barn's various social media outlets and hope you will join the discussions. Bulk Barn Foods Limited reviews comments as they are posted. Comments and materials that are off-topic, promote a specific commercial product or are otherwise inappropriate will be removed. Mutual respect is a must, and profanity or abusive language is considered out-of-bounds.
Specifically, you agree that you will not:
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any person or entity, as determined by Bulk Barn Foods Limited in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same note more than once (commonly referred to as "spam").
Bulk Barn Foods Limited reserves the right to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform to this Policy.
- Terminate a user's access to the social media outlet, upon any breach of this Policy.
- Edit or delete any communications posted in the social media outlet, regardless of whether or not such communications violate these standards.