Location: Aurora, Ontario
Reports to: Director, Merchandising
Employment Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Buyer is responsible for product sourcing, cost negotiating, inventory management, vendor relations, planning product launches, incremental sales and promotional activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets with existing and potential vendors to maintain awareness of products, promotions, category performance and growth relative to competitors/industry.
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to internal and external customers/clients.
- Reduce inventory through successful renegotiations of minimum order quantity.
- Collaborate with A/P to rectify pricing discrepancies between PO and Invoice.
- Work with vendors to refine current strategies and develop and implement additional strategies to attract and motivate customer purchases, realize maximum profitability, grow market share, and increase customer loyalty.
- Develops strategy to track and monitor performance of products (refining product assortment) including merchandising, buying plans and packaging, pricing, promotions and advertising to ensure continued growth and maximize sales potential.
- Participates in department meetings to develop strategies, trouble shoot and actively pursue innovative items and merchandising ideas.
- In consultation with Manager, responsible to develop and issue updates for plan-o-grams while ensuring item assortment and presentation reflects market trends.
- Monitors product mix to ensure timely acquisition of products, appropriate initial orders, suggest changes in purchasing and provide solutions to minimize the impact of backorders.
- Complete various weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Regular monitoring and tracking of vendor performance.
- Prepare regular weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for categories of responsibility.
- Prepare all documentation required for item maintenance and new item introduction.
- Reviews and monitors listing and product changes to ensure accurate and timely processing, protect the integrity of all product related data (supplied from vendor), and ensure all administrative requirements are completed and processed as required.
- Researches the market, completes financial feasibility, supplier and product selection, sales projections, costing negotiations, pricing recommendations, advertising, and merchandising promotions to successfully develop and deliver category line extensions.
- Source new and existing trends by shopping competition and attending tradeshows to develop and deliver category line extensions.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain and Inventory to minimize out of stock positions.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in Business, Administration and/or related field
- 3 – 5 years’ related buying experience in a retail environment
- 3 - 5 years’ experience working in a team driven environment with good interpersonal skills
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working with organizational, analytical, negotiations, planning, and communication
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with problem solving
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working under pressure and meeting tight deadline in a standard driven environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic experience with Microsoft Navision, an asset
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.