Reports To: Director, Finance
Location: Aurora, Ontario
The Corporate Accountant - General is a key position in the department that is heavily involved in the day-to-day operation of the Finance Department by continuously performing financial analysis and processing transactions for the benefit of the Company and our franchisees. Provide management information to make key decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project & Task Management
- Assistance with monthly financial reporting for senior management.
- GL account reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Assistance with initial preparation and subsequent monitoring of annual budgets.
- Review of weekly Franchisee Customer Statements to ensure accurate processing of invoices and payment.
- Preparation of year end audit working papers.
- Prepare and submit government remittances.
- Ad hoc analysis and special projects as required from time to time.
- Communications with management and others are to be professional, timely, thorough and proactive whenever possible.
- Act as liaison and department representative with other departments in relation to the processing of transactions, the monitoring of budgets .
- Use accounting, SOP, and systems knowledge and experience to ensure compliance with legislation and company financial operating policies and procedures.
- Effective use of Microsoft Navision (NAV) and Microsoft Excel maximizing productivity and ensuring timelines are met.
- Apply experience and knowledge to ensure the effective application of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Investigation and recommendation of process improvements.
- Troubleshoot issues in a timely and accurate manner with intent to resolve; escalate issues to senior management as required.
- Ensure all documents, reports and communications generated are accurate, print ready and meet company standards.
- Thoroughly reviews own work to ensure accuracy.
Push For Results
- Work to ensure all tasks and processes are completed properly and on time.
- Complete tasks in accordance with accounting principles and Company operating policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with co-workers building effective relationships and towards common company goals and objectives.
- Conduct financial analysis and provide senior management with reports as required.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary Education in Accounting or related field
- Obtained or in the process of obtaining a professional accounting designation is an asset
- 3-5 years general accounting experience
- 3-5 years experience successfully conducting analysis and managing large volumes of data
- 3-5 years experience successfully multi-tasking and working under pressure with accuracy to meet deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- 3-5 years experience applying effective interpersonal skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Navision, an asset
- 3-5 years experience applying time management and problem solving skills in order to achieve goals
- Experience using flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion with pride of ownership over assigned responsibilities
- Proficient in English: written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of French is an asset
- Strong and consistent attention to detail
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume to email@example.com
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.
Our corporate facilities require employees to be fully vaccinated. Exceptions will be made in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. All requests for exemptions will be validated by the Company