Department: Store Operations
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
Support the Operations Department by providing administrative support, cataloging and distributing of department information, arranging and managing calendars, screening and prioritizing mail and phone calls, researching and writing memos, preparing materials used in all presentations research and preparation of reports and making travel arrangements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate regularly with external vendors and co-workers to ensure all required information necessary to complete daily projects/tasks is available.
- Communicate with external and internal vendors for Uniform, Pest Control and Travel programs to ensure schedules and programs run smoothly, on time and to budget.
- Draft and send all departmental communications upon request
- Assist in the organization of functions such as the DM Training Meetings.
- End-to-end processing of correspondence including preparation, copying, filing and distribution.
- Copying, distribution, filing and follow upon on sign backs related to Store Operation materials and documentation, such as surveys, Orkin Tracking, etc.
- Verification and follow-up on Operations programs to ensure compliance to policy.
- Prepare and manage assigned budgets (Orkin, Store Ops training, scales uniforms).
- Review and approval expense reports submitted to finance via the Suti Expense program, along with preparing expense reports for Store Ops & HR.
- Co-ordinate, prepared PO's for Finance approval and distribute once approved.
- Assist with presentation materials including PowerPoint presentations.
- Record minutes of meetings when requested.
- Maintain departmental Dayforce time and attendance.
- Other ad hoc analysis and projects as determined from time to time.
- Ensure accuracy of all reports and documents.
- Ensure all documents and reports are audited and error free in advance of submission
- Document and bring forward any contract or report discrepancies for review
- Ensure all presentations, reports and communications are print ready and meet Company standards in advance of implementation.
- Partner with co-workers as required on special and/or daily tasks to ensure deadlines and timelines are met to the standards set by the Company (e.g.: Store Ops meetings).
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- 10 years' experience as an Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant
- 10 years' experience working with excel at an intermediate or advanced level.
- 5-10 years' experience preparing executive presentations and letters.
- 10 years' experience working in a fast paced deadline and standards driven environment.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- High attention to detail and comfort with financial documents and information.
- Pride of ownership over assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Solid command of the English language (written and verbal)
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.