Location: Aurora, Ontario
Reports to: Manager, Marketing
Employment Status: Full-Time
The Graphic Designer is responsible to manage print and digital content and graphics, graphics development, and integration into the mobile site and data programming, ensuring timely execution and compliance to brand standards. This position is responsible for graphic development and desktop publishing of templates and designs for flyers, banners and social media content and images. The Graphic Designer is also responsible for updating and maintaining all aspects of the website content.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project /Task Management
- Create new design concepts and templates relating to promotional and advertising activity.
- Collect, edit, crop and assemble images, copy and print content and graphics which include but are not limited to; the flyer, banners, bag stuffers.
- Assemble content; copy, images and graphics for all social media programs.
- Responsible for the management of the department database content, including updating product information, product photos and nutritional information.
- Administer weekly updates for email sign-up coupons, in-store promotions and coupons.
- Update weekly in store banners, flyer content and bag stuffer copy and images.
- Compose all flyer content and make adjustments to the templates, images and copy.
- Provide proofs for inter-departmental approval of content.
- Pre-flight/quality assurance review of all content and specifications before transmission to printer.
- Create weekly ‘specials’ banners and store renovation banners.
- Design seasonal window signs, seasonal tub and barrel wrap and product signs.
- Create window planogram templates for seasonal activity.
- Maintain and update, as required, Company website and Google site information.
- Communicate with outside suppliers involved in the printing and distribution of each program.
- Maintain daily communication flow within the Marketing Department on project status, progress and ensure adherence to project timelines in accordance with Company standards.
- Provide weekly departmental status reports to the Director, Marketing.
- Ensure on-going communication flow is accurate within liaising departments (Merchandising, French Translation and Real Estate) and on schedule to ensure task and project management.
- Maintenance and monitoring of control standards for corporate identification including colours and logo on all web and social media information.
- Coordinate and partner with department leads and external suppliers on project content, graphics, plans, timelines, approvals and sign-offs.
- Coordinate work-flow among all project members to ensure transfer of necessary information and project completion in a timely manner.
- Build cross-functional relationships within the department and with other department leads from project inception to completion.
- Follow execution timetables for all assigned projects and communicate requirements to all impacted internal and external parties.
- Be aware of project budgets, and coordinate project expenditures to ensure alignment with assigned budgets.
- Ensure timely creation and processing of P.O.’s and expenses in compliance with operating procedures.
- Web and social media information and graphics ensuring content accuracy and alignment with approved content and brand standards.
- Conformity with legislative requirements (e.g.: website AODA compliance).
- Program (parsing) large raw data into the proper category units to ensure accuracy and compliance to brand standards.
- Work to resolve all issues as they arise ensuring the Director, Marketing is made aware of the problem and the resolution implemented.
- Escalate more complex issues to the Director, Marketing as soon as possible and work with next level management to resolve.
- Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as required.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a marketing coordinator or in a similar position
- 3-5 years’ experience working with print media for retailers (flyers, POS materials, etc.)
- Understanding of marketing fundamentals and its application to retail environments
- 3- 5 years’ experience working with digital media
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat CC
How To Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
We'd like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.