Human Resources Generalist
Established in 1982, Bulk Barn is Canada's largest bulk food retailer with close to 300 stores and growing! The key to our success is progressive thinking, detailed/ methodical planning and flawless execution by passionate people across our organization. We strive to foster a balanced and flexible culture that benefits both our customers and employees.
- High Standards
- Exciting and Fun
- Customer Oriented
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a competitive compensation program and employer-paid benefits, we are conducting a 2-year test pilot on:
- Possibility of work-from-home arrangements, depending on the position
- A 32-hour flexible work week
- Casual dress code
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources this position is responsible for providing HR support and consultation to our field and retail employees. This position operates in a generalist capacity and acts as the first point of contact for the Operations team for HR and Payroll related matters. It provides guidance on employee relations, performance management, communications and general administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
Human Resources Support and Consultation
- Provide guidance, direction and support to the client group in employee relations issues, including company policies & procedures, recruitment & selection strategy, performance management, job evaluations, terminations, training & development, health and safety, benefits, leaves management, administration, etc.
- Conduct investigation as required
- Assist with the development of HR programs and training
- Promote and foster HR programs within the operations team
- Support the recruiting and selection process as required
- Policy development as required
- Deliver training to the field as required
- Ensure clear communication between field staff and HR
- Ensure timely and accurate administration of bi-weekly payroll
- Liaise with the Payroll team to ensure collection of proper onboarding documentation
- Verify weekly payroll entries as required
Indirect oversight of HR Specialist role
Compliance with internal practices
- Support the Company in ensuring compliance with all applicable Canadian human resources and payroll legislative requirements
- Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures
- Other duties and projects as required
Education & Skills
- 5 years' experience working as an HR Generalist
- 2-3 years' experience recruiting
- Human Resources Designation
- Applied knowledge of local labour laws and statutes for employment across Canadian provinces with thorough understanding and hands-on application of internal and external HR principles, practices and standards
- Demonstrated experience with coaching employees and management through complex and difficult issues
- Strong integrity, ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information
- Experience in the retail/grocery sector, an asset
- Ability to work efficiently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow through with all assignments from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Well-developed communication skills (written, spoken and presentations)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Adobe, Dayforce and Visio
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this role, please forward your resume to us, along with a covering letter telling us why you would like to join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Accommodation is available in accordance with the AODA, if requested. Our corporate facilities require employees to be fully vaccinated. Exceptions will be made in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, and all requests for exemptions will be validated by the Company.
Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.