Established in 1982, Bulk Barn is Canada's largest bulk food retailer with close to 300 stores and growing! The key to our success is progressive thinking, detailed/ methodical planning and flawless execution by passionate people across our organization. We strive to foster a balanced and flexible culture that benefits both our customers and employees.
- High Standards
- Exciting and Fun
- Customer Oriented
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a competitive compensation program and employer-paid benefits, we are conducting a 2-year test pilot on:
- Possibility of work-from-home arrangements, depending on the position
- A 32-hour flexible work week
- Casual dress code
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position is responsible for ensuring all employees pay are processed accurately, on time and in compliance with the applicable legislation and Company operating policies and procedures through hands on processing and the effective training and auditing of the work administered by the payroll clerks on a daily basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of all required information into the payroll processing system in accordance with the established timelines in order to produce a multi provincial bi-weekly payroll for hourly and salaried employees.
- Monitor and ensure appropriate remittance and reconciliations for WSIB, WCB, CNESST and employee garnishments, etc.
- Process manual/off-cycle pays, as required (terminations, missed hours, ROE's and vacation pay requests).
- Responsible for all required journal entry submissions following all scheduled and off-cycle payroll processing and maintain reconciliation files for all payroll-related accounts.
- Process manual adjustments, as required, including but not limited to; taxable benefit adjustments, manual cheques, bonus payments and severance payments.
- Support Human Resources with data, reports, information and analysis, as required.
- Ensure third party payments are processed accurately.
- Provide support and work with the Manager, Payroll, Reporting and Analysis for all required GL reporting and reconciliation of accounts.
- Compile and submit employee statistical data and other reports, as required.
- Audit time and attendance submissions and vacation balances and address discrepancies to ensure timely submission for payroll processing and escalate complex issues to next level management for resolution.
- Work with the Manager, Payroll, Reporting and Analysis to complete year-end processing and balancing of the RL1, EHT, Revenue Quebec, Taxable Benefits, T4, T2200's and T4A summaries.
- Work with internal partners and external vendors/providers to resolve payroll/system issues and ensure the payroll system is meeting the needs of the business.
- Create internal reports to analyze payroll and HR related data.
- Any other ad hoc reports, as required.
Education & Skills
- Post-secondary education in Payroll and/or related field
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) Designation and Active membership with the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA)
- 5 - 8 years' experience conducting full cycle payroll
- 5 - 8 years' experience working with relevant Canadian legislation such as Pay Equity, Employment Standards Act, Income Tax Act, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel)
- 3-5 years' experience with working Ceridian Dayforce HCM, an asset
- 5 - 8 years' experience working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines in a standard driven environment
- 5 - 8 years' experience in a professional environment working independently
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this role, please forward your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a covering letter telling us why you would like to join our team.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Accommodation is available in accordance with the AODA, if requested. Our corporate facilities require employees to be fully vaccinated. Exceptions will be made in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, and all requests for exemptions will be validated by the Company.
Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.