IT Project Manager
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Project Management Office (PMO) Manager
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
The Project Manager is responsible for creating, defining and maintaining standards for project management. This position provides guidance, recommendations and metrics on the practice of project management and support teams in the successful execution of projects from inception to execution; ensuring quality, scope, budget and timeliness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate and report on the project progress plan, requirements, budget, quality standards and expected business results.
- Communicate clearly and regularly to assigned project teams, customers, vendors and stakeholders to ensure ongoing alignment.
- Communicate issues as they arise and work with PMO Manager to resolve.
- Assist PMO Manager to create, implement and evolve quality control policies, procedures and practices.
- Assist PMO Manager to create, implement and evolve project policies, procedures, standards and framework.
- Ensure continuous improvement of the communication stream and apply any new relevant standards.
Project /Task Management (10 - 15 projects per year)
- Oversee IT projects/programs from inception through to execution.
- Assess project risk and work with the PMO Manager to establish strategy and contingency plans.
- Manage project scope, budget and assigned resources.
- Monitor project/program status and assess its impact on the customer.
- Manage assigned resources to project budget.
- Participate in the annual budget planning process, as requested.
- Work with customers to ensure new applications meet their needs and work to solve future business problems.
- Work with assigned project team to ensure customer needs are met in a timely manner.
Push For Results
- Lead the project team (IT and business teams) to meet or exceed project milestones with high quality project deliverables.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required
- 3-5 years' experience as a project manager
- 3 - 5 years' experience managing and deploying initiatives by influence
- 5-10 years' experience working within the IT and business/industry
- 3- 5 years' experience leading a team
- 3-5 years' experience developing and delivering presentations, training sessions, meetings and demos
- 5-8 years' experience participating and leading team meetings
- 5-8 years' experience working with tight project deadlines, vendor and internal customer contracts and budget constraints
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your cover letter and resume (using the subject line PM2021) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.
Our corporate facilities require employees to be fully vaccinated. Exceptions will be made in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. All requests for exemptions will be validated by the Company