Manager, Customer Service
Department: Customer Service
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Legal & Administration
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
The Manager, Customer Service provides and promotes excellent service to internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that trends of underperformance are formally addressed, with clear and documented performance improvement plans.
- Formally recognize strong performers within the department.
- Ensure the overall people plan of the team reflects high standards, bench strength and succession planning, coupled with consistent mentoring and people development.
- Provide excellent customer service with a strong focus on satisfaction to both internal and external customers.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with customers, franchisees and corporate staff.
- Communications are to be professional, clear, concise, timely, thorough, and proactive.
- Communicate and manage the Customer Service department objectives to align with Company Operating Standards.
- Handle day-to-day customer enquiries and complaints.
- Provide direction to customer service team on responses to customers.
- Review social media posts and assess impact on brand.
- Manage the shared portfolio of incoming customer service issues.
- Assess the impact of potential insurance related incidents, determine a response strategy, and monitor the process to its completion.
- Negotiate settlements with customers who suffer sickness or injuries as a result of shopping in our stores.
- Review and track all feedback using customer service log and oversee all reports for senior management.
- Alert senior management of potential customer threats and concerns
- Review and formulate customer responses to ensure consistency among customer service responses that occur in the Social Media landscape
- Develop and maintain 'Frequently Asked Questions' resource sheets.
- Work with Store Operations and Legal Department to diffuse threatening customer service issues.
- Anticipate customer service concerns and provide recommendations to Store Operations, Marketing and Merchandising Departments
- Ensure customer service issues are resolved accurately, in a timely manner and in accordance with Company Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Develop and oversee electronic and hard copy filling systems.
Promote and work to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Management and/or related field
- 5 + years' experience working in a management or leadership role
- Advanced communication skills, both oral and written
- 5 + years' experience dealing with customer issues
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- 3 - 5 years' experience working under pressure, multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment
- Fluent French, oral and written, an asset
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.