Store Order Analyst
Reports to: Director of Merchandising
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
The Store Order Analyst is responsible for analyzing market trends and historical sales to optimize sell through and protect gross profit. The position is responsible for determining order quantities for pre-books and to review and approve all submitted pre-books for all Corporate Store Retail locations based on analysis of historical store data. This role will support the Merchandising Financial Analysts with day to day ad hoc reporting, as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide summaries and recaps of pre-book analysis, as requested by the Supervisor, Item Maintenance for review and escalate any issues to the Director, Merchandising and Category Management team.
- Complete all pre-books for confectionary, non-food and seasonal items for all existing Corporate Stores.
- Work with the Planning Specialist to complete all pre-books for New Corporate Stores and Corporate Store Takeovers.
- Prepare the pre-book summary and recap and work with the IT Department to ensure complete and accurate upload of all pre-book orders.
- Prepare spreadsheets and reports for the Category Management team related to all pre-books.
- Prepare the sell through file on a weekly basis throughout and at the end of every pre-book for submission and review by the Category Management team.
- Prepare the fill rate report for the top 15 products on a daily basis for submission and review by the Category Management team. Ensure all product information and product availability is updated to the portal for these top 15 items.
- Prepare a post-mortem report of all season items at the end of every season and submit findings to the Director, Merchandising.
- Collect, prepare and analyze a year over year comparison of sales versus waste for review and submission to the Director, Loss Prevention.
- Prepare and compile semi-annual Bulk Item Questionnaires/Requests.
- Review all Marketing advertisements and upcoming promotions (sale vs. regular price) and prepare a report on a quarterly basis and submit to the Director, Merchandising.
- Contact and consult with Store Managers on any concerns or questions regarding pre-books.
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to internal and external customers/clients.
- Ensure regular updates and completion timelines are effectively communicated to management in advance of established deadlines.
- Thoroughly reviews own work to ensure accuracy.
- Audits the submission of pre-books to ensure accuracy and reconciliation of reports.
- Ensure reports entered and administrated are in compliance with Company Operation Policies, Procedures and Standards.
- Ensure integrity of data for all entries.
- Analyze pre-book product quantity submissions, including both bulk and packaged items, against a set of measures and targets given by the Director, Merchandising.
- Assist the Financial Analysts with any ad hoc analysis; including but not limited to, promotional activities, product analysis, and new programs/initiatives analysis.
- Provide thorough analysis on all submitted reports and make recommendations for future solutions, advancements and processes.
- Obtain and evaluate data quality and extract data for analytical purposes.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and internal department to build effective relationships to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Ensure integrity of data for all entries ensuring backup/support documentation is attained and on hand at all times.
- Take responsibility and ownership of all assigned tasks.
- Consistently evaluate and assess new opportunities for sourcing and securing information and creative solutions.
- Work with the Director, Merchandising to create or evolve existing process and procedures to meet the changing needs of the Company.
- Day-to-day management and resolution of issues within the position.
- Escalate complex issues and work with the Director, Merchandising to resolve.
- Work with the Director, Merchandising to develop, maintain and evolve department processes and procedures in order to increase efficiencies while ensuring accuracy and work output quality.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary Education in Business, Administration and/or related field
- 3-5 years' experience working for a Merchandising Department, in a retail environment
- 3-5 years' experience working under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced, detailed and dynamic environment
- Basic understanding of plan-o-grams
- 3-5 years' experience exercising flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion.
- 3 years' experience working as an associate for a large retailer
- 3 years' experience working in a team driven environment with good interpersonal skills
- 3 years' experience problem solving
- 1-2 years' experience with product ordering, replenishing and inventory
- Basic experience with Microsoft Navision, an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.