Chocolate Protein Popcorn Snack
- 2/3 - Cup White Kernel Popping Corn
- 1/2 - Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 - Cup Hulled Hemp Seeds
- 1/2 - Cup Dry Roasted Peanuts Unseasoned
- 1/3 - Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 Tbsp. Chocolate Protein Powder
- 4 - Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 4 - Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 - Tsp. Salt
- Using a large pot, heat 1 Tbsp. of vegetable oil on high heat until hot, then add in roughly 5 Tbsp. of white kernel popping corn and place lid securely on the pot. Once kernels begin popping, gently shake pot to keep the popcorn from burning. Once popping stops, remove from heat and pour popcorn into a large mixing bowl and set aside. Repeat this process until all remaining popcorn has been popped.
- In a small saucepan, gently heat coconut oil then add in semi-sweet chocolate chips. Stir with a rubber spatula until all chocolate has melted and a smooth sauce is achieved. Set aside.
- Place sliced almonds, peanuts and hulled hemp seeds into the large bowl of popcorn and carefully mix together. Then using a rubber spatula, pour chocolate sauce over the popcorn mixture and gently mix until popcorn, nuts and seeds are fully coated. Sprinkle chocolate protein powder and salt evenly over the mixture and toss to finish. Let cool completely before serving.
Yield: Roughly 10 servings.