Cashew Coconut Snack Bars
Easy dried fruit & nut bars with only 8 wholesome ingredients. Gluten free, wholesome, and simple!
- 1/3 cup (114g) honey or brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup (30g) ground almond
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon (15g) almond butter
- 1 and 1/3 cups (200g) raw unsalted cashews, roughly chopped
- 5 dates, coarsely chopped (Instead of dates, try 1/2 cup (75g) raisins or dried cranberries)
- 3/4 cup (60g) shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
Food processor or small blender to easily chop the cashews or make the almond meal
- Preheat oven to 300°F (149°C). Line an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper with enough overhang on the sides to easily remove the bars from the pan. Set aside.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix the honey, almond meal, salt, and almond butter together until combined. Fold in the cashews, chopped dates, coconut, and chia seeds until combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan and press very firmly into an even layer. You really want it packed in tight- as tight as possible. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack for 1 hour, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 1 more hour. This helps firm up the bars which makes them stay compact. Remove bars from the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into bars. Individually wrap each bar in plastic wrap or parchment. Store at room temperature for 1 week or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Make ahead tip: These bars are freezer friendly. After wrapping individually, freeze for up to 3 months and thaw before enjoying.
2 Hours, 30 Minutes