2 - Cups Virgin Ice Rolled Vanilla Fondant
40 - Mini Oatmeal Cookies
1/4 - Cup White Buttercream Icing
20 - Licorice Funsorts Spirals
1- Tube Wilton Red Decorating Gel
3 - Tbsp Sesame Seeds
1/4 - Tsp. Red Food Colour Paste
1/8 - Tsp. Green Food Colour Paste
1/8 - Tsp Yellow Food Colour Paste
20 - York Peppermint Patty
- On a large baking sheet, place 20 mini oatmeal cookies flat side up and about 1 inch apart.
- Place a small amount of white buttercream icing in the centre of each cookie and place one peppermint patty on top to secure it to the cookie. Set aside for a few minutes to harden.
- Place one cup of vanilla fondant in a small mixing bowl and add green food colour paste. Knead and mix fondant until a uniform colour is achieved. Repeat this step again with the other cup of fondant, but mix in both yellow and red food colour to achieve a dark yellow color.
- 4) Place a small rectangle of plastic wrap on a clean surface and roll out both coloured fondants separately into roughly 1mm thickness, leaving the green fondant out to dry slightly.
- Using a knife, cut dark yellow fondant into small squares and set aside. This will be the "cheese".
- Using a knife, cut green fondant into long thin strips and set aside. This will be the "lettuce".
- To complete the dessert burgers, place one square of dark yellow fondant on top of the peppermint patty, then place a licorice spiral on top of it. Then take a small amount of green fondant strips and place on top of the licorice. Using the red decorating gel, pipe a small amount of gel on the green fondant and top with another mini oatmeal cookie. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Yield: 20 Mini Dessert Burgers