Pecan Nut Brittle
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Roughly Chopped Whole Pecans
1 Tsp. Butter
1 Pinch Salt
- In a small pot, combine water and sugar and gently mix until smooth.
- Turn heat on high and boil sugar mixture for 5-6 minutes or until a light golden brown colour starts to form. (Note: Do not walk away from pot at this stage, as mixture will burn very quickly if left unattended!)
- Once an amber color has begun to form, quickly add butter and salt and swirl around to mix. Quickly add in pecans and with a wooden spoon, stir ingredients to combine.
- Once all ingredients have been combined, quickly turn out onto parchment lined baking sheet, and carefully press down into a flat, thin slab. (Note: The mixture will be extremely hot, take extra precautions not to touch skin!)
- Let cool about 1 hour at room temperature. Break into small pieces and serve.
**Do not cool down in fridge as any moisture or humidity that comes into contact with the sugar will cause it to melt and become very sticky.
-Yield: About 30 small pieces of brittle