Red Velvet Cookies
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup fine white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp white vinegar
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup Merkens chocolate flavoured red molding wafers
1/2 cup Merkens chocolate flavoured white molding wafers
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 tsp red food coloring paste
- Preheat oven to 177 °C (350 °F) , and place a piece of parchment onto baking sheet.
- In a large stainless steel bowl cream together melted butter and sugars.
- Whisk in one egg at a time, then add pure vanilla extract, red food coloring and vinegar.
- Mix in sifted flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder until combined.
- Shape dough into golf ball sized balls, then press down into hockey puck shapes.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips on top of and gently press into cookies.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- When cool, melt coloured chocolate chips and drizzle on cookies to decorate.