Rocky Road Brownies
3 - Cups Brownie Mix
3/4 - Cup Butter or Margarine
1 - Large Egg
2 - Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
2 - Cups Mini Marshmallows
3/4 - Cup Warm Water
2 - Cups Milk Chocolate Chips
1/2 - Cups Butterscotch Chips
1/2 - Cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F). Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking or baking spray. Set aside.
- Place 3 cups (approximately 595g) of mix in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in 3/4 cup of butter or margarine, 1 egg, 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract and 3/4 cup (175 ml) warm water with an electric mixer until combined. Stir in 1/4 cup chocolate chips and if desired, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Melt 1 1/2 cups of milk chocolate chips on a double boiler and pour out evenly on top of brownie slab, coating completely.
- Sprinkle mini marshmallows on top of melted chocolate layer while it is still warm, and gently press down to secure.
- Melt butterscotch chips and pour into piping bag. Pipe melted butterscotch in a continuous drizzle on top of marshmallows
- Repeat step 7 with remaining 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips. Cool and cut into small squares.
Yield: 12-16 Brownies
For a "no mess" method of melting chocolate chips for piping, try placing chips into disposable plastic piping bags, then carefully inserting half way into a bowl of hot water, making sure not to let any water into the bags as this will ruin the chocolate! Adult supervision is advised.