Golden Amaranth Bars
- 3/4 - Cup Amaranth
- 1/3 - Cup Almond Butter
- 1/4 - Cup Agave Nectar
- 1/2 - Cup Pecans (Chopped)
- 1/4 - Cup Dried Cranberries (Chopped)
- 1/4 - Cup Dried Blueberries (Chopped)
- 1/4 - Cup Macaroon Coconut
- 4 - Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 1 - Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 - Tsp. Salt
- In a small saucepan, heat agave nectar, almond butter, vanilla extract and salt over medium/low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth and fully combined. Set aside.
- In a pot over medium high heat add 1 tablespoon of amaranth and cover with pot lid. As soon as the grains begin to pop, shake pot vigorously for 10-15 seconds, or until popping stops. Remove popped amaranth and place in a large mixing bowl. Repeat this process with remaining amaranth one tablespoon at a time. (Note: If amaranth is browning too quickly and not fully popping, try turning down the heat slightly)
- Remove pot from stove top and shut off heat. Stir chopped cranberries, blueberries, pecans, chia seeds and coconut into the bowl of popped amaranth, then add in the almond butter and agave mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Place mixture into a parchment lined baking pan, (9"x 9") and press down firmly to form a flat even surface. Place into refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until fully chilled, then cut into bars.
Yield: About a dozen bars.