Chocolate Protein Easter Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Ground Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Cookie Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Oat Flour
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds (Ground into a flour)
- 3/4 Cup Almond Butter
- 1/4 Cup Cashew Butter
- 5 Tbsp Chocolate Whey Protein
- 3 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Maca Powder
- 3 Tbsp Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Green Mercken's Wafers
- 1/4 Cup Orchid Mercken's Wafers
- 1/4 Cup Yellow Mercken's Wafers
- 1/4 Cup Blue Mercken's Wafers
- Combine all dry ingredients except coloured chocolate in a large mixing bowl, and then stir in almond butter and cashew butter. Continue to mix until fully incorporated.
- Using clean hands, roll into small balls then gently pinch one end to form an egg shape and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat this process for the rest of the mixture.
- Place baking sheet into the freezer for roughly 20-30 minutes to allow them to firm up.
- Separately melt each coloured chocolate over a double boiler and transfer into disposable piping bags. Remove protein eggs from the freezer and using each coloured chocolate, pipe chocolate onto each egg as desired. Let chocolate cool before serving.
(Note: These can be kept at room temperature but will soften if kept in a warm area. Keep refrigerated if you prefer a firmer egg.)
Yield: Approximately two dozen 1.oz protein eggs.