St. Patrick's Day Peppermint Patties
3 Cups Icing sugar
1/3 Cup Sweetened Evaporated Milk
3/4 Cup Callebaut Milk Chocolate Chips
2 Tbsp Peppermint Extract
1/8 Tsp Green Food Colour Paste
1/2 Cup Merckens Green Molding Wafers
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together evaporated milk and food colouring. Mix until fully combined and uniform in colour.
- Add in half of the icing sugar and 2 tbsp of peppermint extract while continuing to mix, then add the second half of icing sugar and stir until incorporated. This should produce a semi-dry peppermint flavoured dough.
- Place a long strip of plastic wrap down on a flat surface and place dough in the middle. Cover with another strip of plastic wrap and press out into rectangular shape.
- With a rolling pin, roll out dough into a long 1/2 cm thick slab and place onto cookie sheet. Chill in freezer for approximately 5-10 minutes to harden.
- Remove flattened dough from freezer and place on cutting board, with plastic wrap still underneath. With a small round cookie cutter, cut rounds and set aside on a separate cookie sheet. Return to the freezer until ready to cover in chocolate.
- Using a double boiler method, melt milk chocolate chips. Remove rounds from the freezer and with a fork, dip into chocolate and quickly transfer to a parchment lined cookie sheet. You must cover in chocolate quickly or the rounds will begin to melt.
- Let cool completely. Once cool, melt green molding wafers and transfer into a piping bag. Pipe designs on top of peppermint patties and let cool before serving.
Yield: 30-40 small patties