Vanilla Mummy Cake Pops
- 2 3/4 cups - Vanilla Cake & Muffin Mix
- 3/4 - Cup Water
- 3/4 - Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 - Large Eggs
- 2/3 - Cup White Buttercreme Icing
- 3 1/2 - Cups White Molding Wafers
- 2 - Tbsp. Chocolate Teenys
- Place vanilla cake mix, water, oil and eggs into a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer on low speed, mix for 60 seconds. Scrape down bowl. Mix for 4 minutes on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Grease sides and bottom of a 9" round cake pan, then pour in batter and bake at 375°F (190°C) for 30 - 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry.
- Once cool, remove cake from the pan and place into a large mixing bowl. Then using clean hands, gently crumble cake into small "pea sized" pieces and set aside.
- Place buttercreme icing into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 10-15 seconds to loosen the icing. Once warm, pour icing into bowl of crumbled cake and gently fold in using a rubber spatula.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, then using a small ice cream scoop (about 1.5.oz), firmly pack the scoop with the cake/icing mix and place formed cake mix onto the cookie sheet. Repeat this process for the rest of the mixture.
- Once portioned, gently roll each portion of cake mixture into a ball and place back onto cookie sheet. Then using a cake pop stick, gently insert a cake pop stick in the center of each ball and remove to create a hole for the sticks to go in. Place cookie sheet into the freezer for 30-40 minutes to set.
- Using a double boiler, melt 3 cups of the white chocolate molding wafers in a stainless steel bowl and keep warm. Remove cake balls from the freezer and set beside bowl of melted wafers. Taking one cake pop stick at a time, dip one end into the melted wafers and insert into the hole made into one of the cake balls. Repeat this process to each cake ball to secure the sticks in place. Return to the freezer for another 15-20 minutes to fully set.
- Once set, remove the cake pops from the freezer and dip one at a time into melted wafers, then insert stick vertically into a piece of Styrofoam or cardboard to cool. Repeat this process with the remaining cake pops.
- Once cool, melt remaining molding wafers over a double boiler and transfer into a piping bag. Pipe ribbons onto each cake pop to create the "bandages" and place two chocolate teenys to create the "eyes". Return to the freezer for 10 minutes to fully set.
Yield: About 18 mummy cake pops.