White Chocolate Truffle Snowmen
- 2 Cups- White Chocolate Chips
- 1.5 Cups - 35% Cream
- 1 Cup - Medium Shredded Sweetened Coconut
- 1/4 Cup - Mini Rolos
- 1/4 Cup - White Molding Wafers
- 1/2 Cup -Milk Chocolate Flavoured Molding Wafers
- 1/4 Cup -Orange Molding Wafers
- 3 - Tbsp. Chocolate Flavoured Sprinkles
- Pour 35% cream into a small pot and place onto the stove over medium/low heat. Once cream is warm, add white chocolate chips and gently stir for 5-6 minutes or until mixture is smooth and chips have fully incorporated and no lumps remain. Remove from stove and place into fridge for about 1-2 hours to set.
- While the chocolate ganache mixture is cooling, place orange molding wafers, white molding wafers and 1/4 cup of the milk chocolate flavoured molding wafers in separate stainless steel bowls, then melt each bowl of wafers, using the double boiler method and transfer into piping bags.
- To create the arms, hats and carrot decorations for the snowmen, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper then using the melted chocolate flavoured wafers, pipe rows of 1.5 inch lines, then add 3-4 fingers onto the end of each line to form the arms. (Remember, you'll need two for each snowman!) Then, using the melted orange wafers, pipe about 20 small triangle shapes onto the parchment paper to create the carrot decorations. Then using the melted white molding wafers, pipe a small drop of the melted chocolate flavoured wafers onto the middle of the remaining chocolate flavoured molding wafers, and place a mini Rolo onto each one to secure into place. Let decorations cool for 15-20 minutes before removing from parchment.
- Once white chocolate ganache (melted white chocolate chips) has fully cooled and is slightly firm to the touch, remove from fridge and start forming mixture into balls, making sure to roll into 3 different sizes. (Small, medium and larger sizes)
- Roll each ball in sweetened shredded coconut and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet, then place the tray into the fridge to firm up.
- To create the snowman heads, push chocolate flavoured sprinkles into the smaller balls, in a "smile" shape, then pipe some of the melted wafers onto the middle of each ball and place the "carrots" onto the face of the snowman. Then pipe two dots for the eyes and a drop on top, then place a Rolo hat on each to secure as well. Place back into the fridge to cool.
- Using a toothpick, make two holes on both ends of the medium sized ganache balls, then pipe a small amount of melted molding wafers into each and place arms into it to set.
- To finish snowmen, place a drop of melted white wafers onto the top of the larger balls, then place the medium sized ball with arms on top of melted wafers to set into place. Then pipe another drop of melted white molding wafer onto the medium sized ball and place snowman heads on top to secure as well. Finish with some drops of milk chocolate flavoured wafers onto the front of the snowmen for buttons. Place into refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to set before serving.
Yield: About 20 white ganache snowmen.